If you're eligible for the CWLB, you can expect to get $300
($270 after taxes withheld) per week for each period you applied for.
Before applying for CWLB, make sure the region is designated as the COVID-19 lockdown region! Then look for the eligibility criteria.
Some of the Eligibility Criteria are:
• You reside in Canada.
• You were present in Canada.
• You are 15 plus years old.
• You have a valid SIN.
• You didn’t receive any other COVID-related benefits, EI, or short-term disability benefits for the same period:
• You earned at least $5,000 in 2020, 2021, or in the 12 months before the date, you apply from one or more of the following sources:
a) Gross employment income
b) Net self-employment income ( gross income minus all operating expenses).
c) Maternity and parental benefits
d) EI benefits
e) CERB, CRB, CRCB, and CRSB
• You filed a 2020 tax return.
• You didn’t:
a) Quit your job
b) Voluntarily stop working
c) Turn down reasonable work
d) Refuse to return to work when asked by your employer
e) Fail to re-start self-employment when it was possible
f) Choosing not to work from home
• You got the Covid- 19 vaccine or are not required to continue your work.
• You were not self-isolated due to international travel expectations.
• You will file your 2021 and 2022 tax returns by 2023/12/31 –receive the benefit starting in 2022.
However, if you receive the benefit in 2021 you will file your 2021 tax return by